In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online now 399 Record: 3559 (6/2/2013)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
- UVa wins at Carter-Finley Stadium for the first time since a 47-26 triumph in 1999.
- UVa is now 22-34-1 all-time against NC State and won for the first time since 2006.
- UVa won on the road for the first time in 2012 and the first time since the 2011 Florida State game.
- UVa allowed 216 yards of total offense. NC State is UVa's third opponent in a row who hasn't broke 235 yards of total offense.
- UVa held NC State to 197 passing yards. NC State entered the game No. 2 in the ACC with a 306 passing yards a game average.
- UVa forced five turnovers against NC State. UVa entered the game with only four on the season.
- UVa entered the game with seven sacks on the season and finished the game with six. UVa had four sacks in the second quarter alone.
- Virginia scored a TD on its opening drive for the first time since the Duke game.
- Virginia led at the half (16-0) for the first time since the Duke game.
- Virginia held an opponent scoreless in the first half for the first time since the William & Mary game in 2011.
- UVa's rushing TD in the first quarter was the first by the Cavaliers since the first quarter of the Duke game - a span of 11 quarters.
- Maurice Canady, Eli Harold and Daquan Romero made their first career starts, pushing UVa's total of first-time starters in 2012 to 18, tying TCU for No. 4 in the nation.
- Vincent Croce, James Valerias and Rob Burns all made collegiate debuts.
- Phillips Sims rushes for his first career touchdown on a 1-yd scamper in the first quarter.
- Anthony Harris made his first career INT in the first quarter and returned it 37 yards.
- Brent Urban collected his first career sack in the second quarter.
- Eli Harold collected his first career INT in the second quarter.
- Harold's INT was the first by a UVa defensive lineman since Nate Collins' pick-six at Maryland in 2009.
- Darius Jennings had an 18-yard TD catch, the shortest scoring reception of his career. He owns 53 and 51-yard TD scores.
With six catches, Perry Jones now has 114 career receptions and is tied for No. 9 in the UVa annals with Herman Moore and Wali Lundy.
I've missed this feature...welcome back.
Jamie's usually too busy buying his post-loss Saturday nights in IPAs like the rest of us.
Its awesome. A nice thing I noticed was both Ant's and Canady's picks were returned for big yards, thats a huge plus with that.
I need to go back to Oregon. A Double Mountain IRA (IPA/Red hybrid) sounds so awesome at the moment. While making dinner, I did enjoy a few Red Hoptobers, however.
Most impressive stat: UVA has held their last 3 opponents to 235 yards or less the last 3 games. Guys, that is very impressive. I think we are improving.
I think the amazing thing about that stat is that we are only 1-2 in those games. I wonder what the probability of that is?
I really liked the staff getting the ball to Jennings on the screens. We have to get Jennings going. He's one of our most gifted playmakers.
Opponents now 12 of their last 60 on 3rd down against this D.
That's pretty amazing.
I also have a hunch that it's not as if the overwhelming majority of those 60 are 3rd-and-longs. Would love to be able to see our 3rd-downs broken down into mode/mean/median distance faced by opposing offenses.
Double Mountain is an awesome brewery.
As usual, Aaron Mc Farling does a great job capturing the essense of it...
BTW, I hope we can get Kamara and start fielding a group of tall, athletic wideouts ala FSU, et als. Love Jennings but the Smurfs have too small a strike zone on crossing patterns and its easier to overpower them.
Improving UVa defense finally gets just rewards
+1 ir NCSU especially, if we can keep up this sort of effort we may rise asa quickly as we fell.
JO, CJ Moore is he red shirting or not? yesterday is the second or third time this season I've heard his name called on ST.
You mint be confused with Kwontie Moore who has played on ST this season. I dont see CJ in the participation report and Ithink London has been quoted as wanting to keep his shirt intact.
Believe he wears the same number as Alex v, and archer was just being an idiot
he was. he also kept calling Brim someone else at the same time he was screwing Alex V and CJ Moore up
"Just gotta keep balling out"
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports